You don’t have to want to be a firefighter to volunteer. Volunteers come from all walks of life. No matter what your skills and knowledge are, the most important thing is your time and commitment.
As a volunteer you will make a vital contribution to helping us meet the needs of our local communities by providing fire safety advice and practical assistance to your local area.
The benefits of being a volunteer
- Do you want to make the most of your spare time?
- Are you prepared to make a commitment and make a difference?
- Do you enjoy meeting new people?
- Would you like to have professional training and experience that will benefit all aspects of your life?
- Would you like to build on existing skills and develop new ones?
If you're able to answer 'yes' to these questions, then volunteering with us may be just what you're looking for.
Our volunteers make a real difference to their local communities, taking part in projects as wide-ranging as road safety education sessions to working with the equine community in the New Forest.
Although the posts are unpaid, you can claim out of pocket expenses such as travel, and you will receive comprehensive training and be provided with appropriate clothing. Please note you will not be required to attend operational incidents.
Apply to become a volunteer
There are many ways that you can get involved with volunteering. Below are role descriptions of the different volunteer roles that are currently available:
- Home Safety Advisor - Locks Heath/Warsash area - carry out Home Safety Visits and fit smoke detectors on behalf of HFRS within a specified location. to participate in local safety promotion initiatives and activities to generate Home Fire Safety Visits.
If you would like more information on any of these roles or would like to discuss volunteering with us, please contact Kris Birkett on tel: 02380 644000 ext 4045 or email Kris Birkett.
If you would like to apply, please fill in and return the Volunteers enrolment form.
Please note: to be a volunteer, you need to be at least 18 years old.