Every day we're helping to save lives - and not only by fighting fires. Behind the scenes there are lots of other roles that people don't see: incident support teams, administration teams, technical engineers and more. There's much more to Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service than meets the eye.
We employ around 1800 people, including full-time, part-time and 'job share' positions. Of this total around 200 of these are supporting roles. These people provide vital functions that enable us to provide an efficient, cohesive fire and rescue service, including promoting safety throughout the community and training to commercial organisations.
Some examples of our supporting roles are:
- Numerous administrative positions throughout the County
- Information services staff
- Support managerial positions
- Community Safety teaching staff including one fully qualified teacher
- Technical engineers
- Hydrant technicians
- Telecommunications engineers
- Incident support teams
- Station support staff
- Property Services staff e.g painters
- Driving training instructors
- Occupational health staff including qualified nurses.
- Mechanics, auto-electricians, coach filters and engineers
and many other specific individual positions.