The festive period is an opportunity to spend more time at home with your family, friends and pets.
Making your home cosy with a log fire, candles and fairy lights on the tree, is the perfect way to enjoy the season.
Stay safe and sound in your home this Christmas and don't increase the risk of fire.
The Christmas Checklist
- Check your Christmas tree lights conform to the British Standard and are in good working order
- Always switch off and unplug Christmas lights before you go to bed or go out
- Don't overload sockets - whilst it's tempting to put up just one more strand of Christmas lights, overloaded sockets can be a big fire risk
- Make sure cigarettes are completely extinguished and never smoke in bed
- Check your smoke alarms. If they don’t work, or you don’t have one, treat yourself, it could be the best Christmas present you’ve ever bought as it could save your life in a fire
- Take the time to check on elderly relatives and neighbours this Christmas - make sure that they're safe and also enjoying the festive season