In Hampshire, just over half of house fire fatalities involve discarded smoking materials.
Tips for smoking safety at home
- smoke outdoors
- never smoke in bed
- stub it out properly and dispose of carefully, use ashtrays and empty the cooled contents to an outside bin regularly
- never leave lit cigarettes or cigars unattended
- Never leave on charge or in a USB point unattended or overnight - they can ignite and cause fire.
- Replace the batteries in your vape if they get damaged or wet
- Store loose batteries for your vape in a case. Keep these away from metal objects such as coins and keys.
- Protect your vape from extreme temperatures
- Always use the correct charger for your vape.
- Make sure you read and understand the manufacturer's recommendations for use and care of your device