Candles make a birthday party, give a winter’s night a warm glow and scent a room, but left unattended, an open flame can destroy your home in minutes.
Use candles safely by:
- making sure candles are secured in a candle holder and away from material that may catch fire, like curtains or loose fitting clothes
- don’t burn lots of candles close together, this may cause a larger flame and do not move a candle once lit.
- put candles, incense or oil burners out when you leave the room, go to bed or leave the house
- never leave children or pets alone with burning candles
- alternatively you could use an LED candle to create the mood without the risk