On 1 October 2006 a new piece of legislation was introduced into the UK to help safeguard all workplace premises from fire. This fire safety law is called the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
Many employers across the county still do not fully understand their responsibilities and that failure to comply can lead to hefty fines and/or a two year prison sentence.
Our free fire safety workshops will help you understand your legal and moral obligations in the workplace, and with Fire Safety Officers present at the sessions you will receive information on:
- how this legislation affects you
- what you need to do
- what to expect if a fire safety inspector comes to visit you
- common shortfalls experienced during an inspection
- any issues you may have relevant to your situation
- protecting your business and staff to ensure business continuity
Reserve your place on a workshop session
The workshops are run at three venues (Winchester, Southsea and Redbridge) on a ‘first come first served’ basis. Each session lasts three hours and is completely free.
To reserve your place please contact the Business Fire Safety team on 023 9285 5180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can check workshop dates and book online via the calendar below.