Beaulieu Fire Brigade was first formed as an organised force in 1909 by Lord Montagu's father. The fire station was situated to one side of the power station and next to the Montagu Arms Hotel. Mr. Wadley was appointed Chief Fire Officer and, at this time, horses were used to pull the fire appliance.
If available, the horses were supplied by Fred Jones, the village farrier who lived up at Bunkers Hill Cottages on the Bucklers Hard Road. If not, others were borrowed from Mr. Winsey - the baker and grocer.
In these modern times, Beaulieu Fire Station is staffed by retained HFRS personnel - one Sub Officer, two leading firefighters, and six firefighters - running a modern Volvo EL614/Saxon Water Tender Ladder, which takes the crew to incidents.
During the year, the station crew are involved in various fundraising activities, including village fetes at Beaulieu, Exbury and East Boldre. At the Beaulieu Fete the firefighters run two stalls for the village and they run a stall at the Victorian Christmas event, providing the opportunity to promote Community Fire Safety.
The crew also run a Flag Day in the village for the Fire Services National Benevolent Fund (FSNBF) and each year in December they hold a Seasonal Carol Service at Beaulieu Abbey with the kind permission of Lord Montagu. This sees fire service personnel joined by shop holders and many other members of Beaulieu's thriving village community.
In 2005 the station collected a total of £2000 for FSNBF, which led to its personnel being awarded the Eric Hounslow Trophy for Endeavour.
Beaulieu is a popular destination offering a host of events to delight visitors all year round; there are all the usual favourites to enjoy, including the National Motor Museum, Palace House, Beaulieu Abbey and Rides & Drives. Lastly, the annual firework display held at Beaulieu in October is one of the biggest in the area and provides another opportunity for the station crew to promote Home Fire Safety Visits