Hampshire Fire and Rescue Authority formed in April 1997 with proportional representation from the unitary authorities; Southampton City Council, Portsmouth City Council and Hampshire County Council, having joint political and financial responsibility for providing a fire and rescue service for the county of Hampshire.
Our heritage collection and archives are under the care of retired Deputy Chief Fire Officer Alan House who, as a hobby and spare time activity, acts as archivist and custodian of the proud history of Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service.
The archives contain a variety of information related to the development of the fire and rescue service in general and Hampshire in particular.
Alan House also supports The Hampshire Police and Fire Heritage Trust at the Solent Sky Museum, in Southampton. On 12 July 2017 the collection opened its museum in Southampton. The museum was set up thanks to the generous support of Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service and Hampshire Constabulary. The exhibition is located on the second floor of the Solent Sky Museum, Albert Road, South, Southampton SO14 3FR.
If you are interested in finding out more please contact Alan directly at email@example.com or telephone: 01489 699242
Former members of Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service can keep up to date with what's going on in the Service via Firewire, our online newsletter, or by joining our Past Members Association.
Past Members Association
Our Past Members Association is open to anyone who has served (in any capacity) within Hampshire Fire Service, Southampton Fire Brigade, Portsmouth Fire Brigade, Hampshire Fire Brigade or Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service. To qualify for membership you must have:
- retired from Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service or its historical constitutional brigades
- retired from another fire and rescue service having served in Hampshire
- resigned from Hampshire having served at least five years
- associate membership may also be offered to any previous member of a local authority fire and rescue service who has retired to live in Hampshire
- for more information, visit the Past Members Association website