Members Allowances Scheme 2017/2018
This scheme is made by Hampshire Fire and Rescue Authority (HFRA) in accordance with the provisions of the Local Authorities (Members’ Allowances) (England) Regulations 2003 and is effective from 13 June 2017.
- A Basic Allowance of £6000 per annum shall be paid to each properly appointed Member of HFRA (excluding Deputy Members, where appointed).
- A special responsibility allowance shall be paid to those Members who hold the offices of special responsibility listed in the table below and the amount of each allowance shall be the amount specified.
- Should a Member be appointed to more than one role for which an SRA is payable, only one (the higher) Special Responsibility Allowance (SRA) may be claimed.
Role and allowance:
- Chairman of the Authority - £12,000
- Vice-Chairman of the Authority - £3000
- Standards and Governance Committee Chairman - £1500
- Standards and Governance Committee Vice-Chairman - £750
- Liberal Democrat Opposition Spokesperson - £3000
- Labour Opposition Spokesperson - £750
Travel and other expenses, including childcare and dependent carers’ allowances accrued whilst undertaking HFRA duties to be claimed by each Member through and in accordance with the Members’ Allowances Scheme of their respective appointing Authority.
Agreed by HFRA at its meeting of 5 December 2017 for implementation backdated to 13 June 2017.