Skip to content
Fire Safety Regulations
...compliance in the work place
Start of main
- The Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service (The Fire and Rescue Authority) will enforce all matters relating to fire safety in accordance with the provisions of the statutory legislation for which it has enforcement responsibility.
- The Fire and Rescue Service will on all occasions exercise due care and consideration in regard to the use of enforcement powers, and as far as is practicably possible, ensure matters are addressed through legislation having primacy in the circumstances.
- Enforcement decisions will be made using the enforcement principles embodied in the Enforcement Management Model published by the Health and Safety Executive, which is considered national best practice, together with the Enforcement Concordat published by the Cabinet Office and the Local Government Association. .
- The Fire and Rescue Service policy for its audit and inspection programme is based on the principles of Better Regulation encapsulated in the Regulators Compliance Code as published by the Department for Business Enterprise and Regulatory Reform
- The details of the procedures to be adopted by inspectors when carrying out the enforcement policy can be viewed on request.